Q:Ok so in my application, I applied for international business, but after these couple weeks I have becoming more interested in becoming an orthodontist. Do you guys have any classes that involve the bachelors degree in order to apply for dental school?
No, no dental school. We have pharmacy and health sciences/premed type of coursework if that helps. If you are admitted contact your Chapman admission counselor right away to discuss your options.
Letter by Friday?
Hi, I live in Southern California, is there a chance that I will receive the acceptance letter (I hope) by this Friday? Thank you.It is possible but most likely the earliest would be Saturday.
Q:If we know a specific hall works with our major are we able to request if over the other one. I know each major can be in two different housing buildings but what if we would prefer one over the other.
You can make the request but usually the housing office will automatically assign you a residence hall.
Q:I know others have already asked this but I'm hoping for an update. Might letters be going out Thursday night? I can't imagine waiting until Monday!
Possibly, but as of now it still looks like Friday. We’ll keep you updated.
Q:If we did not receive an email or package yesterday and it says that the decision has been reached on March 10, when can we expect a response?
They don’t start going out until Friday.
Q:What is the screen name on the housing application
You use your WebAdvisor login and password. If you don’t know that contact the Chapman Service Desk at ( 714) 997-6600
Q:If i for sure want to accept Chapman as my school do I just send in my deposit or do I have to sign something?
You just have to make your online deposit. That deposit is your official acceptance of our admission offer.
1. Stifle your first impulse to react by saying or doing something negative. Instead, stop and either do the opposite of that, or simply choose to respond by doing nothing at all.
2. If you can remove yourself from the situation, then that is probably the best thing to do for now. That is, detach temporarily and choose to walk away. You can talk about what happened, or the issue, later on.
3. Speak calmly to yourself so you don’t over-react. (Figure out in advance what will likely work for you.) Depending on the person, it could be something like “Just chill” or “Leave it for now” or “This isn’t the right time to talk to talk about this.”
4. If you feel as if the person has really pressed your buttons, make yourself count to ten before you think about responding. At the same time, focus your attention on slowing down your breathing, and doing what you can to make your body relax.
5. To help with this, distract yourself by visualizing something that’s relaxing. For example, it could be a peaceful scene like the mountains or a lake. Alternatively, it could be something funny that has happened recently.
6. Speak directly to yourself, and make yourself act rationally. You’re responsible for you and how you act, and what you say. Don’t be controlled by your powerful emotions. You don’t want to end up with regrets later on.
Q:What happens if my status doesn't change to decision reached today?
It should but there can be a delay in WebAdvisor.